Friday, 16 October 2015

Decrypting Whatsapp DB (crypt8)



Hello guys,
this is my first post on this forum (sorry for my poor English, I'll try to write my best), and I'd really like to ask you some advice about my situation.
I used to have an Android 2.3.3 device and Whatsapp installed on it, regularly updated (I still have it, but I'm not using it).
Almost a month ago I bought a new device, with Android 4.4.4 installed, and I immediately put WhatsApp on it.
Before removing SD from the old phone, i saved my backup file OLD.db.crypt8, in order to let the "new" whatsapp restore my messages. Unfortunately, a month passed before i could be able to think about restoring my old messages.
Thus, i have accumulated (?) a month of messages, and i "backup-ed" them in a MIDDLE.db.crypt8 file.
I already managed to decrypt the "middle" db.crypt8 file (extracting the key file from my android 4.4.4), but don't know how to decrypt the OLD.db.crypt8 file.
OLD, in fact, comes from Android 2.3.3, as said, and i got no key file

My final goal is, after decrypting all three databases (OLD, MIDDLE and "NEW" - provided that NEW is the database i'm "growing up" on my phone at the moment), merging the three databases in an only database (and this is possible with the XDA guide i already have read)

Can anyone help me? :confused:
Thank you very much :laugh:



No comments:

Post a Comment