As of Kodi 16 - Alpha 3 (Jarvis) they implemented a long-press feature which allows you to press and hold the Select button for a moment and the context menu will appear! Tested it last night and confirmed it worked like a charm. All I did was download the APK from the Kodi website, FTP it to my NP then run it. It upgraded with no issue and I didn't lose any of my Kodi data or settings.
Alternately, if you are not ready to upgrade you can create a NexusPlayer.XML file containing the code below and place it here: Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/
You must restart Kodi for this change to take affect. This Keymap will make the Play/Pause button pull up the context menu when navigating the menus but will still Play/Pause when viewing media.
My thoughts:
I love the NP remote because of how it feels in the hand. I hate that it doesn't have a menu button and how loud the buttons are when clicked. I can get over the clicking but not having the menu button for Kodi really sucked. So, for a while I was using the non-voice fire tv remote. Which I love! Buttons are quiet, and it has the menu button. The downside is that there is no voice without the NP remote and its very small so it doesn't feel as good in the hand.
Alternately, if you are not ready to upgrade you can create a NexusPlayer.XML file containing the code below and place it here: Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/
You must restart Kodi for this change to take affect. This Keymap will make the Play/Pause button pull up the context menu when navigating the menus but will still Play/Pause when viewing media.
Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<play_pause>ContextMenu</play_pause>
</keyboard>
</global>
<fullscreenvideo>
<keyboard>
<play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
</keyboard>
</fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>I love the NP remote because of how it feels in the hand. I hate that it doesn't have a menu button and how loud the buttons are when clicked. I can get over the clicking but not having the menu button for Kodi really sucked. So, for a while I was using the non-voice fire tv remote. Which I love! Buttons are quiet, and it has the menu button. The downside is that there is no voice without the NP remote and its very small so it doesn't feel as good in the hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment