Sunday, 4 October 2015

Restoring /persist partition



Hey all.

I covered all threads here which mention the /persist partition, but nothing seems to help me. I come from Stock-Rom 5.1.1. LMY48M, was rooted. Origin of my Problem was that suddenly my wifi was stuck in "activating", as mentioned in this thread. Sadly, nothing in there helped resolve my issue, so i found a thread in another forum suggesting to fix and then edit some files in the /persistent partition.

Long story short, obviously i don't have most of the files which apparently should be in there. To be accurate, it is empty. Now i don't know if this command did that:


Code:


e2fsck /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist

This is the Thread i got it from.

Either way, after I found out that the folder is empty, I tried this guide to restore at least my wifi/mac-address files in /persistent - but after a reboot my newly created files are gone and the /persistent partition is empty again.

I tried numerous factory resets, reflashing stock rom, flashing custom roms and custom kernels, flashing every image manually, everything there is to my knowlede.

I thought the /persistent partition gets overwritten if i flash everything new on my phone, but apparently it does not.

So, how do I restore it? I know, this is a long shot, it could well be that my mainboard is kill, but i want to try everything.

Every tip would be appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment