Okay, this is my first post on XDA, so bear with me. I just got into rooting/modding, and in the course of learning how to root my other devices, I read about the difference between "soft" and "hard" bricking, and realized my old LG might be worth rescuing. It just quit working one day, when it gave me a white screen of death after reboot. Now it just gives a black screen with the LG logo and the words "Security Error" below the logo.
I have tried master reset, and that just leads to a prone android figure with a red triangle, which I understand is not good news.
I have tried the LG Mobile Support Tool, which just says the device is fully updated, and when I try the additional recovery update, it gets 75% through and then says it failed "due to an error." Oh really. <_<
I do not know the OS version, kernel date, etc because I cannot get into the settings. Had I known what I know now, I would have jotted them down in Evernote for this exact situation. What info do I need to provide so you can help me with this?
I have tried master reset, and that just leads to a prone android figure with a red triangle, which I understand is not good news.
I have tried the LG Mobile Support Tool, which just says the device is fully updated, and when I try the additional recovery update, it gets 75% through and then says it failed "due to an error." Oh really. <_<
I do not know the OS version, kernel date, etc because I cannot get into the settings. Had I known what I know now, I would have jotted them down in Evernote for this exact situation. What info do I need to provide so you can help me with this?
No comments:
Post a Comment