Sunday, 4 October 2015

Galaxy S4 Active "Firmware Upgrade Failed" on Boot



I have a Galaxy S4 Active AT&T model (SGH-I537) and I've completely screwed it up. I don't remember how, but I had it rooted on 5.0.1 I537UCUCOC6 and wanted to completely reset it by flashing it to stock because it was running really slowly. Well, I did something with Odin, something failed, and now it's telling me "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." Which I did, but Kies never recognizes the device. I've looked and looked but I can't find anywhere on how to fix this. Is there anything I can do? I am able to access the... I think it's called bootloader mode? (Been a long time since I've done any of this obviously) but pressing volume down and home while booting, so I can flash with Odin still I'm guessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment