Wednesday 30 September 2015

Malware?????!!!?!?!?



Okay, so here's how it goes. And keep note: I have an SD card installed at all times. Also thanks again if anyone can help even though this isn't really ROM-related...

I installed an app called Luck Patcher. It modifies apps via root. I know there are risks with modding an app (could add whatever the app wants like malware or adware without me knowing) but I was using it to get rid of ads on some apps that were ad-ridden! But, eventually the app Lucky Patcher started showing notification ads also. So, I tapped and held down on the notification and tap the crossed out alarm icon to silence it. (You know--in Lollipop). Anyway, another ad came up after a while, and I tried to do as before--hold down the notification and silence it. But I must have accidentally tapped it. But the ad was a Chinese app to install. So, since the Lucky Patcher app uses root, the Chinese app-ad downloaded and installed on its own! Then, immediately after installation, Avast popped up saying the app was malware. So I deleted it. And then forgot about it. Now, a week later, I completely wiped my Nook and installed a new ROM to breath some new life again (my nook needed a refreshment). Now, after that was done, I installed Clean Master (I don't use it to wipe RAM) and there was 1.3 GB of some Chinese stuff!! (Screenshot attached) I was wondering after I saw that... Since the app installed itself (root from Lucky Patcher) is it still on my system? But it can't, I would think, since my nook's internal storage looked normal after a wipe.... So is this app somewhere on my nook in the boot and storing junk on my SD card? (Since that is the only place where the 1.3 GB could have been) Thanks for anyone's advice...

P.S. I did the wipe for my nook by using a bootable CWM on another SD card (not with 1.3 GB on it) and formatted /system to completely start over, as well as a factory/data reset. So I wouldn't think that it is still on my Nook? And I have tried multiple scanners, but my Nook comes up clean... Thanks again
Sent from my BN Nook HD using XDA Free mobile app



No comments:

Post a Comment