Wednesday 30 September 2015

Will flashing the stock ROM reset the Samsung KNOX counter?



Hey!
I currently own a Samsung GALAXY Note 4 - SM - N910C which I purchased around 4 months ago. I'm no noob to the whole world of rooting and flashing custom ROMs having owned a GALAXY S3 (I9300) which I played around with for a while with custom ROMs and kernels.

However, I'm very hesitant to root my Note 4 because I've heard that there is no way to reset the KNOX counter. I'm still in my warranty period, so yeah..
I do have the Android 5.0.1 official firmware for the Note 4 which I downloaded through SamMobile. So I was just wondering if I rooted my Note 4 now and flashed the official firmware if I ever need to claim my warranty, will that reset the KNOX counter?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment