Wednesday 30 September 2015

rooting ith JOdin on Linux (Debian)



I did some browsing around on here but nothing really definitively answered my questions. I just got a S6 Edge, running 5.1.1. After some research, it seems that rooting this is a bit more complex than phones I have dealt with in the past. I really don't want this bricked as I don't know how to recover. Tripping KNOX isn't a problem, I don't care about this.

From what I can tell, I use JOdin which I have downloaded. From what I gather, it whorks fine and can see the phone when its put in download mode.

I then need to dowload the appropriate kernel from autoroot.chainfire .eu My device is a G925T, so I expect to download that one from the CF-Auto-Root. However, I have seen one person saying that the kernel on there does not work with the S6 Edge and I should download the kernel for the S6. Is this correct?

JOdin requires a pit file and it looks like it isn't able to find one for the S6 Edge. I found a place (droidviews .com/download-pit-files-for-galaxy-s6-edge-all-models) where it claims to have the correct pit file but need to make sure.

Is there anything I am missing? Is everything mentioned above correct? Am I using the correct files here?



No comments:

Post a Comment